Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rumblefish


Well, it all started out innocently enough, a simple trip to a neighborhood bar for some drunk karaoke. After an inebriated and no doubt inspirational rendition of "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" (for which I got $11 in tips BTW), I stepped outside with a friend. Apparently, some serious shit was going down at this bar; a group of Mexicans (the lovely guys who gave me the tips) showed up to fight a group of ex-cons, some chick got involved and there was a rumble in front of the bar. The cops came, somehow my friend and I got sucked into it because we were outside at the time... we ended up getting questioned and having our drivers licenses ran by the police. The cops told us all to leave immediately, so I went inside to get my other friends from the bar... WHERE THERE WAS ANOTHER GODDAMN FIGHT! This time between one of my friends and the chick from the original outside rumble... which caused the bartender to throw us out. Then I had to drive my drunk ass friend home (who apparently lives in the middle of nowhere). Needless to say, I didn't get home until after four in the morning. All of this for Bonnie Tyler? I don't know if it was worth it.

That being said, I will be there again soon. My friend and I are already rehearsing a rousing rendition of "Alone" by Heart. We're bringing the fucking house down, hopefully with more tips and less rumbles.

2 comments:

  1. Karaoke is never just karaoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...that sounds even more dramatic than the Total Eclipse of the Heart video! And that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete