Saturday, June 4, 2011

Can charity be tacky?

There's a darling little town about 25 miles north of Pittsburgh called Zelienople (hold up, did I just use the word darling? Yikes). There's a theater on their main street called The Strand that shows a different movie every week. This week, a portion of the ticket sales go toward the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to assist tornado victims. Awwww... isn't that nice? Right up until you see what film they're showing... TWISTER!!  You know the one, the cheesy tornado blockbuster with Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton and Jamie "Solarbaby" Gertz. I'm officially *DEAD*. Tacky as hell... but I'm digging it.


1 comment:

  1. I dig these tacky theaters too who are way past their prime. We have one in Milton almost just like this one. I'll have to take a picture of it before they tear it down. It's hanging on by a thread now.

    ReplyDelete