Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zombieland!

I know quite a few people who can get a few hours of sleep, hop out of bed and be completely normal. NOTE: I am not one of those people. If I don't get at least six hours of sleep, I am a grouchy hot pile of garbage. These past two weeks have been a true test... first off, I've somehow jacked-up my hip while running. Every time I roll over in the middle of the night, it wakes me up (on the plus side, I have a nice pimp walk now). It's getting better, but still annoying.

And the birds! The BIRDS! The fucking BIRDS! I understand that it's spring, but these birds need to realize what timezone they're in. Every morning from 3am to 6am it is non-stop singing and screeching outside of my window. I have HAD it! Picture me on my deck, in my pajamas at 4 in the morning, throwing handfuls of pebbles (that extra vase filler came in handy!) at the tree by my window. Well, that's what I was doing until I went and bought earplugs. Now I have to adjust to sleeping with earplugs, it's too quiet! I usually have white noise going on in the background to drown out outdoor noises (I'm a light sleeper). That's always taken care of business, but the birds are just that loud. If I could get away with it, I'd shoot them all, but the cops are right down the street... stupid cops. Now I know how Tippi Hedren felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment