Saturday, April 30, 2011

Not so fast, Von Ryan! R.I.P. Ladies

Yeah, I know, I know! I'm so far behind on both of these deaths. It's been a busy month! First off, Elizabeth Taylor... where do I even begin? The most beautiful fucking movie star to ever grace the silver screen is a nice starting point. She was larger-than-life and just amazing all around, they don't make 'em like her anymore. Not to mention she's responsible for one of the greatest commercials of all time. I don't know who Von Ryan is, but Liz isn't taking any of his shit!



And secondly, Phoebe Snow. Amazing talent, one-of-a-kind voice. This one in particular is sad because she's been a huge part of the soundtrack of life. My mother played her albums non-stop when I was growing up and I know damn near every one of her songs by heart. Phoebe hasn't been very active over the years - she dropped out of the scene to care for her disabled daughter - but her work will still carry on. Here's one of my fav tracks by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment