Thursday, April 14, 2011

The gift that keeps on giving...


One of my co-workers/friends recently got a big promotion and is transferring to an office building far, far away. So we're throwing him a going away party/breakfast tomorrow. I didn't get home from the gym until 7:30 and then I had to take a shower and eat dinner. I originally wanted to make him cupcakes, but I'll be damned if I was baking this late at night. So I tap-danced my ass down the street and bought a bunch of pop-tarts. Don't judge me! They're breakfast food! Then I figured, if I'm going to be lazy, I could at least make it look fancy. Throw some basket filler and a few bows in there... and voila! Pop-tart basket!

This is either the most amazing thing I've ever brought to a potluck or the most embarrassing. There is no in between.

2 comments:

  1. You're funny Nathan. Pop Tarts? He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'd find it strange at first, but then eventually I'd start eating them while thinking fondly of the hilariously thoughtful giver.

    ReplyDelete