Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shiver me ti... urethra?


Okay, this is one of those TMI kind of posts, so get the hell over it. My whole life, I'd say maybe 1 out of every 40 or 50 pees I get a shiver up my body. I've always just written it off and never really thought about it. Well yesterday I finally googled "pee shiver" and I'll be damned if it doesn't happen to a ton of people. And it also happens to both men and women. There haven't been any medical studies done on the phenomenon, but there are a bunch of theories having to do with the nervous system and the urethral sphincter or loss of body temperature, etc. According to wiki (ha, reliable, right?) the shiver's formal name is Post-micturition convulsion syndrome and in a recent internet poll (unnamed, ha, thanks wiki) 83% of men and 58% of women have admitted to experiencing it. So it turns out I'm not a freak after all! Well... that's still debatable, but not when it comes to my pee shiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment