Saturday, January 15, 2011

Árbol Genealógico


Years ago, my cousin told me that he did research into our family history and that we were descendants of Juan De Grijalva. I don't know if it's true, but I've never met a Grijalva I'm not related to... so it's possible! Not necessarily one of the more famous explorers of his time, but he did have some notable achievements. He was apparently the first to make substantial contact with the Aztecs (poor Aztecs, they had no idea...) and the first to make a dent in exploring Mexico. There's even a river named after him in Tabasco (spicy!). Visiting that river is definitely on my bucket list, I hope it's the dirtiest/sleaziest river in all of Mexico. Above is a picture of Juan, I see the family resemblance... mainly in the hat, I have one just like it. Such a dapper fellow, too bad I didn't get his cheekbones.

1 comment: