Monday, December 20, 2010

Girl Pliés!

As stated back in September, Black Swan was my must see movie of the year. Oh... how I love Darren Aronofsky and his complete lack of subtlety. Sometimes I need a director to bludgeon me over the head and thankfully Darren comes from the "go big or go home" school of film-making. I knew BS (nice acronym btw) was a thriller, but I did not expect the film to be so intense. The entire last act I was on pins and needles to the point of being uncomfortable. Excellent performances all around; Portman (whom I've never liked) has never been better, Barbara Hershey is delicious as the overbearing mother and Mila Kunis projects just the right amount of sleaze. And WINONA RYDER, yes! I have missed you! She didn't have a big part, but I will never look at a fingernail file the same way again (Jebus H Krist and hail Mary, was not expecting that). I can see the transformation splitting audiences down the middle, but I was hooked. Tour de fuckin' force I say. I will be seeing this in the theater again.


Look at that stank-eye, Winona is coming for your lacefront!

No comments:

Post a Comment